Okay, I really need to be more consistent with my blogging. It's kind of a problem.
Today Jeff Foxworthy has inspired me. Yes, the "you might be a redneck" king.
He does a segment during several of his shows called "things that make you go ew". I'm changing it to ugh for the purpose of this not being a gross post.
1. Amateur "Photographers". Just because you have an iPhone and Instagram does not mean you are a photographer. Just because you can push a button on a camera does not mean you are a photographer. Photography is an artform. I am not a photographer and I never claimed to be, just like I never claimed to be an artist. I guess with the ease of creating a Facebook page for a business comes a bunch of quacks.
2. Getting called the wrong name after introducing myself. This happens at work ALL the time. I have to say "(name of company), this is Samantha" when I answer the phone. Getting "Hi, Lisa" or "Hi, Amanda" in return really ticks me off.
3. Driving in Memphis. We were named the worst drivers in TN. I believe it. What should be a 15 minute drive to work takes 45 minutes because people have NO IDEA how to drive. There are always cars broken down in the middle of the road or crashes or people on their phones not paying a bit of attention.
4. Political posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Newsflash: Nobody cares who you're voting for. My opinion is not going to sway anyone else's vote so why post about it? I was taught when I was young to never talk about politics, religion, or abortion with others. These are too sensitive of topics to bring up with people you barely know or don't know at all.
5. Inconsiderate neighbors. I live in an apartment. I hope I never have to live in one again. Thank God I live on the top floor or else things would be a lot worse. My downstairs neighbors think it's cool to have parties at midnight on a Tuesday. Hey old farts, it's time for bed. Some of us actually work. And another thing, don't mess with my dog. Little Bristol mostly keeps to herself when she's outside. She does her business and then wants to come back in. When I'm walking back up the stairs with her, what makes you think it's a good idea to bark at her? How old are we? 2? Even my 3 year old cousin knows not to mess with strange animals.
6. Bad customer service. I am an avid online shopper. It's just way too convenient not to partake in but occassionally you get a lemon of a store. I ordered a necklace from veryjane.com on July 31. After contacting the shop about not receiving it on August 28, I was told it was on it's way. It finally arrived to me the first week of September, complete with a broken chain and 13 beads broken off. Needless to say, I had a few choice words with the seller and was told I would receive a prepaid envelope to return the necklace and she would send me a new one. I have still not received the envelope and have given up hope with this one. $20 down the drain. On the flipside of bad customer service, you sometimes get excellent customer service out of it. I ordered a Tennessee Vols sweatshirt from a store online and they sent me the wrong one. I contacted them that day saying I received the wrong item and they got back to me within 12 hours. I simply filled out the return form on the packing slip, sent it back with the prepaid sticker provided, and received the correct sweatshirt 3 days later. I wish that would magically happen with my necklace.
Does anyone else have any pet peeves?
Have a wonderful Wednesday!