Tuesday, May 22, 2012

call me..maybe?

I've been told by all the Navy mommas, girlfriends, and wives that you get 3 phone calls during boot camp: one when they get there, one about 3 weeks later, and the "I'm a sailor" call after Battlestations. Having received the first 2, I just assumed it would be another 2 weeks or so before I got a call. Much to my surprise, I got a call on Sunday!! We got to talk for 27 minutes :]

His division is doing awesome! They have earned 6 flags so far(academic, athletic, etc.) and he passed all his PT tests. They earned this call from having a perfect inspection.

He was in such great spirits and so excited to get started with Hell Week. This is the week where they complete their firefighting courses and get ready for Battlestations(final test). I asked him what he wanted me to bring him to graduation. He said he wanted dip(chewing tobacco, not cheese dip haha). Not shocking to those that know him. He said he's dying without it haha. Poor thing. He also said he'd like to take a normal shower, without 80 other guys. Understandable.

He will be in Great Lakes for another 14 weeks after graduation and then he'll be headed to Groton, CT for the last 7 weeks. I can't wait for this process to be over so he can find out which duty station he's been assigned to.

Here are the possible places he could be stationed.
I haven't decided where I hope he gets to go. Wherever he is is where I'll be so I guess it doesn't matter. "Home is where the Navy sends us." I'm beginning to realize that a lot more recently.

I hope y'all are having a great Tuesday :]

No comments:

Post a Comment