Monday, April 30, 2012

Everybody's Doing It..

Well I kinda felt left out since everyone was talking about what they did this weekend. Mine was extremely uneventful but I thought I'd share anyways..

Friday night, I went to see The Lucky One with my friend Nicole(her blog). We are both Navy girlfriends, although her boyfriend, Chris, is a lot further along in his Navy career than John. We found that we probably should've seen a funny movie instead because it just made us miss our boys even more. It was a great movie, though, and pretty close to the book.
And who doesn't like to look at Zac Efron? I mean come on.

After the movie, we went back to her apartment and made chicken tacos and drank whiskey/Diet Cokes. Perfect girls' night.

Saturday I lounged around with Bristol for a little bit & then went to Colonial Country Club to fill out an application to work weekends. Weekends are tough with John gone. It's just way too much time to think and be sad so I figured I needed to get a second job. Well turns out I got the job & will be working with the beautiful Kelly Ginn :] (her blog)

After Colonial, I did a little bit of shopping. Dangerous, I know. I had a Victoria's Secret card to redeem (ended up getting $10 off. score.) and I needed to look for a dress for John's graduation. I killed 2 birds with 1 stone on that trip. I ended up finding 2 dresses & a blazer at Forever 21! They had SO much cute stuff. It was really hard to narrow it down to just those few things. My bank account appreciates my frugality.

I left the mall & went to my mom & dad's house to hang out for a little while and my mom wanted to take me shopping for a dining room table. I see in my mind what I want but it's just a matter of being able to find it. I got pretty dang close at the first place.
I absolutely LOVE Garden Ridge! They have so much cute stuff. It was really hard for me to stay on task. I found a table that I really wanted and of course all they had was the display and not one in a box. This would've been okay (I'm no diva) but it already had little chips out of the corners & my momma wasn't going to pay $200 for that so on to the next store..
Oh the beautiful Target..I told her that I didn't need to go there but she insisted. Went in looking for a table, came out with a candle and a new ball for Bristol. #priorities

After that, we went to Kroger and got some seafood to cook on the grill :] We ended up getting 3 pieces of salmon for $2.99 (they were supposed to be $2.99/each) but didn't notice until we got home. Poor little new guy in the meat department. Dinner was delicious and then I went home and spent time with my little girl. We watched The Notebook and called it an early night. We're such party animals.

Yesterday I did laundry, cleaned a little, and watched almost an entire season of GREEK on Netflix. I stayed in my pajamas all day and it was amazing. I did miss watching NASCAR with my boy because I refuse to watch it without him.

This Wednesday will be 3 weeks since he left/since we talked. I should be getting a letter or a call from him any day now :] My phone is glued to my side. I can't wait!

If you've made it this far, I applaud you. I know this isn't the most exciting stuff to read. Have a great rest of your Monday :]


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has simple weekends. Mine consisted of LOTS OF HOMEWORK! ;)

    ReplyDelete