Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"I am a United States Sailor."

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday so far! I'm also doing WILW :]
Warning: If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sorry for the repetitive posts. I have a lot of pictures from John's graduation to share.

Let's skip back to Friday around 8:30am. I'm in Great Lakes, sitting in the bleachers, waiting on John's graduation to start. It starts with the band and a few announcements. I took a few pictures and waited on them to march in, all 817 Sailors. I wanted to video them marching in and my camera gave me a message saying that my memory was full. That was impossible. I deleted about 100 pictures a couple of months ago. I opened the battery/memory card holder and my memory card was missing. When John went into boot camp, I took it out to make pictures at Walgreens so I could send him some. It was sitting in my wallet in the hotel room. I could've cried right then and there and had to resort to my poor little iPhone to document such a special day. I love that I was able to get these pictures and I brought my actual camera with memory card to the airport to get 2 pictures before he left. Give the iPhone some credit. Instagram saved a lot of these pictures.
The Chicago skyline :]

We drove to base before going to the hotel on Thursday. This is as close as we could get to him.

His division is the middle one. He's on the third row from the left, last one.

We went with his dad and dad's girlfriend to eat after graduation. I was surprised how patient he was with pictures, even though it doesn't look like it haha

Excuse my flat hair. The humidity was insane. And my eyes are light sensitive and swollen from crying. Should've grabbed the sunglasses.

His dog tags :] He said I can have them when I go to visit him. Apparently he's allergic to nickel & they make him break out. Who knew?

In the hotel..I actually like the "high and tight" haircut.

His official pictures..this is before he got his Marksman ribbon that is in the pictures in his dress whites.

4am at Chicago O'Hare. This is just a tiny group out of the hundreds trying to get their boarding passes and check their bags.

Right before he got on the plane. I held out crying until he left. I get to see him in 15 days!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. This is your own little love story! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete